Running In Place

What was to have been a chronicle of my first running steps has now become a chronicle of my first running injury, and finding my way back to the beginning.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Waiting...

Had the ankle x-rayed this afternoon but probably won't hear anything till well into tomorrow as my doc is swamped with the short week. Saw the NP and she really couldn't suggest a problem just by eyeballing the ankle. She gave me a script for naprosyn but I will likely not fill it. While I recognize that the anti-inflammatory effects could help with healing, I also know myself WAY too well and I know that despite my logical mind knowing full well better, if the pain is relieved artificially and the ankle is feeling better - I'll be out running on it. Stupid, maybe (or definitely), but the benefit of my pain is that it places limits on me that I don't have the god-given sense to place on myself.